Hyperpigmentation is the name given to dark patches of skin, most commonly found on the face. It’s caused by an increase in the production of melanin, the pigment that gives skin its colour, and can be triggered by a number of external factors from sun damage to inflammatory conditions such as acne or dermatitis. There are many other causes of hyperpigmentation, which can sometimes go away by itself, but if you’re currently experiencing hyperpigmentation in common areas such as around the mouth, eyes, nose or anywhere else on the face, you probably want to try and clear it up quickly.
There are a wide variety of products out there on the market designed to tackle hyperpigmentation, but many of them will contain harsh chemicals which can damage your skin in other ways. At Epara Skincare, we are specialists at creating luxurious yet all-natural ingredient skin care products designed to tackle hyperpigmentation. There are three main ingredients that you should look out for when choosing the best products for hyperpigmentation:
- Plankton Extract - Several forms of plankton can survive off photosynthesis, and as a result, they contain vital enzymes that can brighten the skin and minimise hyperpigmentation. Find out more here.
- Licorice Root Extract - Studies have shown that licorice root extract helps to disperse melanin and inhibit its production, therefore improving the appearance of dark patches of skin caused by hyperpigmentation.
- Shea Butter - One of the many anti-inflammatory ingredients we use in our products, Shea Butter helps to prevent post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation by preventing inflammation and is full of antioxidants which helps to repair and protect the skin.
Our 10 best luxury skincare products for hyperpigmentation in 2022
- Moisturising face cream £105.00. Our luxury moisturising face cream is designed for daily use and contains the all important hyperpigmentation-fighting ingredients: plankton extract, licorice root extract and shea butter. This product also helps to improve and restore your skin elasticity.
- Hydrating serum £180.00. This luxury hydrating serum is designed for twice daily use on clean skin and contains licorice root extract and plankton extract to fight hyperpigmentation. This is also a fantastic anti-aging product which helps to reduce fine lines and heal and repair skin barriers.
- Balancing face oil £105.00. This luxury balancing face oil is designed to even your skin tone, therefore resulting in a reduction in the appearance of dark spots caused by hyperpigmentation. It also soothes and softens the skin, making it look and feel younger.
- Comforting body cream £120.00. Hyperpigmentation doesn’t just appear on the face, it can appear all over the body too. That’s why we have created a hyperpigmentation-fighting luxury body cream which contains plankton extract and licorice root extract as well as a variety of other ingredients that soften, moisturise and nourish your skin.
- Intense hydrating mask £105.00. Our luxury intense hydrating facial mask is designed to be used once or twice a week as part of your regular skin care routine and not only does it tackle hyperpigmentation, but it also eliminates toxins and aids sebum regulation which prevents oily, greasy skin.
- Cleansing lotion £40.00. This skin rejuvenating beauty product is the Allure Best of Beauty 2020 award winning luxury cleansing lotion and has hyperpigmentation-tackling properties alongside ingredients that moisturise and remove impurities at a budget friendly price.
- Hydrating mist £40.00. Ideal for sensitive skin, this facial hydrating mist not only fights hyperpigmentation but it also reduces skin flakiness and itchiness whilst smoothening and softening the skin. For best results, use alongside our Moisturising Face Cream.
- Eye Serum £105.00. Our eye serum is designed to soothe irritated skin around the eyes whilst tackling hyperpigmentation and reducing eye bags and dark circles with ingredients such as Ash Tree Bark Extract.
- Natural cleansing oil £45.00. Skin brightening ingredients such as licorice root extract make this a strong product for preventing and improving hyperpigmentation, while ingredients such as Ylang Ylang III Oil help to soothe the skin.
- Brightening night balm £100.00. Our brightening night balm is designed to tackle hyperpigmentation while you sleep. It contains the hyperpigmentation tackling ingredient, plankton extract, but also contains argan oil which softens and nourishes the skin and sweet almond oil which moisturises the skin.
These ten products all contribute to a reduction in hyperpigmentation in their own, unique ways, whilst helping to reduce the appearance of wrinkles, moisturising and replenishing the skin and helping you to achieve the healthy, glowing skin you’re looking for.